“To love God and neighbor is not something abstract, but profoundly concrete: it means seeing in every person the face of the Lord to be served, to serve him concretely. And you are, dear brothers and sisters, the face of Jesus.” (Pope Francis, Address during Visit at the Homeless Shelter “Dono Di Maria,” 5/21/13)
St. Francis of Xavier’s Parish seeks to assist those in need in the greater community through several ministries:
St. Francis Community Outreach/Service Ministries:
- Eucharistic Ministers to the Sick and Home bound
- Martha and Mary Community Care
- Meals Ministry
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Friends Helping Neighbors
- Knit for Life
- SFX Social Outreach Garden
- Loaves and Fishes (New Milford’s Soup Kitchen)
- Respect Life Ministry
St. Francis Parish also ministers to the spiritual and emotional needs of the community:
- Candlewood Valley Nursing Home
- Village Crest Nursing Home
- Glen Ayre and Butterbrook Senior Housing
- Eucharist offered weekly.
- New Milford Hospital
- Our volunteers routinely visit the Hospital to offer a ministry of presence, pray, and/or offer Eucharist to all Catholic patients wishing a visit.
- Home bound
- Visits and Eucharist to home bound parishioners on a weekly basis.
Area Organizations Serving the Needs of the Community
- Interfaith Homeless Shelter