This ministry consists of parishioners committed to offering some time each day, individually, in prayer for the specific needs of individuals in our parish and beyond.
What is the Prayer Line:
- We are a group of men and women who pray for the needs of others for several reasons including, but not limited to, the following: illness, birth, job interviews, moving, death, surgery, disability, difficult situations, job loss, and more.
How the Phone Prayer Line Works:
- Using a phone tree system, members of this ministry offer prayers of intercession for all those who have made specific prayer requests through our parish prayer line (parishioners and non-parishioners alike).
- Members of the prayer team pray in the privacy of their own home at their own convenience.
- New members are added to a prayer “group”.
- As the prayer requests come in, you will be called by the person ahead of you in your group.
- Take a minute to pray, then call the next person in your group as soon as you are able.
- If that person is unavailable, leave a message and call the next member in your group.
- If you would like to join this ministry, or would like more information, please contact Teri Luncente: 860-355-8143.
How the Email Prayer Line Works:
- Prayer requests are sent via email. This enables members to access prayer intentions and pray when it is convenient.
- if you would like to join this ministry, please send an email to Debbie at: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating you would like to be added as a member. Be sure to include your full name, phone number, and email.
- Once your email address is added to the group, you will receive emails with prayer requests on a weekly basis. If we have several requests, it may be more frequently.
- We channel all prayer requests through one email address in order to ensure that all members receive the requests, to keep the number of emails to a minimum, and to ensure the most up to date email list is used.
Some tips for praying for the needs of others:
- Pray when you can…whenever your schedule allows
- Pray alone, with a friend, or with family.
- Pray in the car or home, mowing the lawn or while cleaning.
- Feel free to print out the request list and keep it nearby.
We invite you to join us in the joyful and rewarding work of praying for the needs of others.
Return to Ministry in Parish page