A Greeter is a welcoming face as people come to church. People who love to extend their hands in a warm handshake, smile graciously and welcome neighbor and stranger alike with a few warm words of welcome are drawn to this ministry. At the end of mass, these ministers hand out the church bulletins to our parishioners as they exit. They do what they can so that others will feel connected to St. Francis as part of our church family.
* For more information, please contact: Bob and Adrienne Coppola 860-354-9954
This ministry of hospitality assists parishioners during Mass and also helps to take up the collection at Offertory time. If anyone has a medical problem during the service, an Usher is the one to see that the person is helped.
* For more information, please contact: Herman Izzard 860-354-0430
Altar Servers offer service to God and the community by assisting the priest during mass. It is an important function as Christian liturgy is rich in gesture, movement, symbols, and objects. The ministry is open to all youth of the parish. Adults are welcome to serve as well. Training in the specifics of the ministry is provided throughout the year. Servers are assigned on a rotating schedule.
Master of Ceremony
The St. Francis Lector Ministry proclaims the Word of the Lord during the Liturgy. Prior experience is not required. We offer training and guidance throughout the year. Typically, two lectors are assigned to each Mass. Lectors are assigned on a rotating schedule.
* For more information, please contact: Barbara Mullen 860-354-6436
Celebrating the Eucharist is at the very heart of our faith. Eucharistic Ministers help to distribute the blessed bread and wine during Mass and/or bring Eucharist to the home bound, nursing homes and hospitals. We are always in need of more volunteers and hold trainings periodically throughout the year. Contact us!
- Must be a practicing Catholic and fully initiated (Baptized, Confirmed and First Holy Communion)
- Registered parishioner of St. Francis Xavier Parish
- Mature demeanor with a willingness to serve fellow parishioners
- Attend scheduled training and ongoing formation opportunities
* For more information, please contact: Al Gambone 860-354-2615
“They who sing, pray twice.” Help create the spirit of community at the celebration. If you like to sing or play an instrument, we welcome you to join us. The music ministry currently includes four choirs. (The ability to read music is NOT required.)
- Traditional Choir: Provides music on a weekly basis at the 10:00 am Mass and special celebrations.
- Contemporary Choir: Sings at 5:00 Mass each Saturday and special celebrations.
- Life Teen Choir: Adults/Teens Sing at 5:00 pm Sunday Life Teen Mass.
- Cantor and Ensemble: Sing at 7:30 am Sunday morning Mass.
Cantors and accompaniment are available for weddings, funeral services, and special occasions)
* For more information, please contact Doreen Gray, Music Director at 860-354-2202.